How to manage my email accounts from a free Gmail account?
In this tutorial we will learn how to use a Gmail account as an email client for our mailboxes hosted in WaoPress. Although you can use an email account you currently have, it is highly recommended that you create a new one just for this purpose, and if possible, one for each email account.
This is because otherwise, you will have to be aware of what mail you receive and from where you send it, since you do not want to send mail received at firstname.lastname@example.org from email@example.com, so to avoid misunderstandings and since it is free, it is worth creating a Gmail account for each mailbox.
Configuring our Gmail account to receive e-mails
Thanks to the Autodiscovery technology of our servers, you will not have to configure many details, you only need to know the email account and password, our servers will do the rest, just follow the steps below:
- Go to settings (gear symbol) and choose the option View all settings.
- Now select Accounts and Import
- Click on Import mail and contacts
- A window will open where we will indicate our e-mail account and click on continue.
- Now we simply enter our password and in the user name field we enter the complete email address
- Click on continue
- Now we are presented with several options, select the ones you want, if you want to keep your clean space in your mailbox intact forever, leave it as it is and click start import.
- Click on accept and ready, your emails will start to be imported.
Configuring our Gmail account to send mails
Now that we can receive, let’s configure our account to send them, following these steps:
- In the Send As: section, click on Add another e-mail address.
- In the pop-up window we enter our email account and click on next step
- Now we enter again our email account, the password and click on add account.
- We will receive an email to our mailbox, copy and paste the code and click on verify.
Making our default account for shipments
Finally we will mark set as default in the send as section, this way we don’t have to worry about selecting accounts when replying to emails:
And you’re all set, nothing to envy to a paid Gmail account, you won’t have all the advantages of a Gsuite account, but you won’t have to pay for it either.